The Housing Inclusion Service provides housing support to people who are vulnerable in some way.

Why you would need housing support

You may need housing support because you are homeless or might become homeless, are being evicted by your landlord, or are in temporary or unsuitable accommodation.

If you are worried about your housing, get in touch with the Housing Inclusion Service.

Find out what to do if you're worried about becoming homeless


The Family Housing Inclusion Team supports families with children who are at risk of losing their home, or are in temporary or unsuitable housing. For more information please contact the team.

Single people

The Single Housing Inclusion Team supports:

  • adults with disabilities or learning difficulties
  • people who are homeless leaving hospital
  • rough sleepers
  • those who are vulnerable for some other reason.

Private tenants and home owners 

Housing Aid Centre supports private tenants and home owners at risk of losing their home.

Find out more about the Housing Aid Centre

Mental health

The Mental Health Housing Inclusion Team gives housing support to people who are in contact with local mental health services and who need support with their housing.

People with a substance misuse or offending history 

Moving on Support Team (MOST) supports people with a substance misuse or offending history who need help with their housing.

Housing Support Service (Older People)

This service provides individual housing related support to people aged 55 and over.

It aims to promote choice and independence for older people, preventing homelessness and loss of independence, helping older people to maintain their tenancies or find alternative suitable housing.

Young people

The 1st Base Team provides advice and support to young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. 

Find out more about 1st Base housing support for young people

What kind of support is available?

A support worker will carry out an assessment to decide what support you need. Types of help include:

  • advising and assisting with different housing options
  • managing money, claiming benefits and sorting out debts, including rent arrears and council tax debt 
  • registering with a doctor, or getting help from other services
  • putting people in touch with education, training or work opportunities
  • putting people in touch with cultural and community groups.

Depending on the assessment, a support worker may also help some people find a private rented home and provide support with moving in and managing a tenancy for a period of time.

Contact us online