Nominate someone for their outstanding contribution to the borough
The Royal Borough of Greenwich is proud to announce a sixth year of Civic Awards for local people.
Awards will be given to individuals or organisations who have made an outstanding contribution to the social, economic and physical wellbeing of the borough.
The seven awards are due to be presented in March 2018.
The closing date for nominations was 12 noon on Friday 16 February 2018.
Conditions of nomination
- Nominations can be moved between award categories
- Staff employed by the Royal Borough of Greenwich, or who are agency staff working at the Royal Borough of Greenwich, are ineligible for the Civic Awards. Nominations received for members of staff will be converted into Staff Award nominations, subject to the approval of that member of staff's Chief Officer
- Councillors and former Councillors of the Royal Borough of Greenwich may be nominated for Civic Awards, providing that the nomination relates to activities or services beyond those associated with the role of Councillor
- Nominations for the Young Persons Outstanding Achievement Award must be validated by that young person's teacher, tutor, youth leader or similar adult in a position of authority and responsibility for that young person
- Nominees must not be in arrears to the Council, including rent, Council Tax, Business Rates and any other fines, fees or charges
- Self-nominations are invalid
- Nominees who are the subject of on-going legal or enforcement action by the Royal Borough of Greenwich are ineligible
- Nominees do not have to live or work in the borough, but must have made a real and significant contribution to the borough in their nominated category
- Any individual or organisation nominated must fully embrace the Council's values of equality and diversity.