Kickstart scheme for businesses
Kickstart careers with a fully-funded job placement at your company
The Kickstart scheme is a £2 billion government-funded campaign providing support for young people to get into jobs across all industries and sectors.
The programme provides funding to create new job placements for 16 to 24-year-olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long-term unemployment.
The Kickstart scheme is open until March 2022. Now is the perfect time to grow your team and help a young person catapult their career. Will you help someone in Royal Greenwich get an exciting new job, learn new skills and build their confidence?
Employers of all sizes can apply for funding which provides:
- a £1,500 payment to help with associated costs for hosting the placement
- 100% funding of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum auto-enrolment pension contributions
- employers can open the start date of the job placements up until the end of December 2021.
The job placements must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies
- cause existing employees, apprentices, or contractors to lose work or reduce their working hours.
The job placements must:
- be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- pay at least the National Minimum Wage or the National Living Wage for the employee’s age group
- only require basic training.
Each job placement needs to help the young person become more employable.
Employers can find out more information
Call 07872 047203 or 07525 916802