Work experience information for employers
The Royal Borough of Greenwich offers a fully managed work experience service for employers and matches them with pupils, aged 14 to 19 in Key Stages 4 and 5, studying at the majority of schools and training providers in the borough.
Benefits of offering work experience via the Council
- Reduced paperwork / pre-placement visits – this is completed once for all schools
- Management of placements – no clashing of students due to several staff signing student’s forms. Date clashes on Placement Offer Forms are clarified by the team before being offered to schools
- Support setting up new work experience programmes or reviewing existing programmes
- Assistance before, during and after work experience placements
- Access to employer awards celebrating outstanding achievement in work experience provision
How to register
- Complete the Placement Offer Form, Letter of Understanding and along with a copy of your Employers’ Liability Insurance Certificate send via email to the Work Experience team
- School(s) will acknowledge the placement offer and advise you when the student(s) will be allocated.
- If necessary, a member of the Council’s work experience team will contact you to arrange a short meeting to see the student(s)' working environment, and discuss the placement details to put together a job description and risk assessment.
- The student(s) will contact you to organize their pre-placement interview (if required).