Royal Greenwich stages first-ever Silver Sunday for over 60s
Published Monday, 07 October 2013
Hundreds of older people got involved in a day of free activities to mark Silver Sunday 2013.
The programme of events took place in libraries, care homes, community centres and other venues, with local restaurants and pubs offering special discounts for over 60s.
Dance featured at many of the events, with around 20 members of a dance group choreographed by Greenwich Dance doing the lindy hop as a flashmob performance in the Slug and Lettuce at The O2.
Were you inspired by this year's Silver Sunday? Visit the following links for further information on opportunities to stay active:
- Greenwich Dance
- Age UK Bromley and Greenwich
- Better - Local leisure centres
- Adult learning in Royal Greenwich
- Greenwich Get Active - Free activity finding service
- Greenwich Healthy Living Service
- The Woolwich Singers choir
- Royal Borough of Greenwich website - Leisure section
To make suggestions on activities for Silver Sunday 2014, contact email@example.com