Lettings advice for the private rented sector

Consumer advice

If you wish to rent private property, the following websites give advice and guidance:

Business advice

This is for businesses currently operating, or if you're setting up a lettings agent or property management business. The following websites give guidance on your compliance obligations, to ensure you trade fairly and transparently:

For further local business compliance advice, please call Trading Standards on 020 8921 8223 or email:

Private landlord advice

If you're a private landlord, please read the following guidance:

Please note: You'll have to license a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) with the Royal Borough of Greenwich, unless an exemption applies.