Business parking permits
Businesses that have a registered address in a controlled parking zone and use one of the following may be eligible to apply for a permit:
- Goods vehicle (subject to a height limit of three metres and a width limit of 1.95 metres)
- Motorcycle with a side-car attached
Cost of permits
The price depends on which zone you wish to have a permit for. You may not need a permit to park on public holidays. Check our parking permits cost schedule before you renew or buy a new permit.
How many permits can I have?
Business in the Eltham Centre (EC) controlled parking zone can have up to five permits.
Businesses in other controlled parking zones in Royal Greenwich can have up to ten permits.
We can only issue business permits for vehicles that are used in the day-to-day running of the business. Business parking permits are not available to employees as a form of on-street staff parking.
We can issue permits labelled with the name of the business (instead of individual vehicle registration number) so they can be used in different vehicles.
Renewing a business parking permit
You can now renew and pay for your business parking permit online.
Don't forget to renew your parking permit at least 15 working days before it runs out. We will send you a reminder but ultimately it is your responsibility. If you fail to renew your permit and you park in controlled parking zones, you may receive a parking ticket.
Please note that your renewed permit will not be valid until you receive it in the post and it has been placed in your vehicle. You will receive your new permit within 15 working days of applying.
Apply for a new business parking permit
You can download and print off the application form, then post it to Parking Services together with your supporting documents. You can find the address on the form.
Paying for a new business parking permit
You can pay by credit or debit card by contacting Customer Services over the telephone, or visiting one of our customer contact centres in person. You can also pay by cheque when sending your application form to us by post. Cheques should be made payable to the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
Make sure you submit your form at least ten days before the permit is needed, along with:
- Proof of a registered business address: A recent utility bill (issued in the last three months), Royal Borough business rates form, or other official correspondence - from HM Revenue and Customs as an example. Please send photocopies and not originals
- For specific vehicles, provide proof of ownership such as a vehicle registration document, hire or leasing agreement or an insurance document. The vehicle registration number must be shown. Please send photocopies and not originals
- For permits with the name of your business only, please provide a list of vehicle registrations
A self-adhesive plastic holder will be issued, free of charge, with each permit so it can be clearly displayed in the windscreen.
More information about parking permits including answers to frequently asked questions is available in the guidance notes.