Current GLLaB job opportunities
Vacancies via Greenwich Local Labour and Business
GLLaB works with employers to promote job vacancies for local people. Listed below are current vacancies with local businesses.
Please note these are not advertisements for Royal Borough of Greenwich jobs.
For job vacancies with the council and in schools, please visit the council and teaching jobs section.
Doppelmayr Cable Car/Emirates Air Line is looking for an experienced electrical/mechanical technician.
- Salary: To be confirmed.
- Hours: 44 per week. Four shifts on, two shifts off with alternating early and late shifts. Shift patterns will be arranged by the employer
- Location: North Greenwich
- Contract: Permanent.
- Be an experienced electrically qualified technician to City and Guilds Part 1 and 2
- Have the ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Be computer literate
- Have mechanical, hydraulic and electrical work experience
- Have good public relations skills.
Duties will include:
- Operating the system
- Monitoring all aspects of the ropeway from the platform and the control room
- Diagnosing mechanical and electrical problems
- Repairing and replacing mechanical and electrical components
- Performing daily planned maintenance on all components of the cable car
- Keeping electrical and mechanical maintenance and inspection logs and reports up to date
- Greeting and assisting guests as they enter and exit the cabins
- Following operational protocols in order to ensure the safety of all passengers and Emirates Air Line personnel.
Closing date: 4pm, 19 Dec 2013.
Interview date: To be confirmed.
To apply, please email your CV to Rachael.Hart@royalgreenwich.gov.uk.
Please ensure that you state which vacancy you are applying for in the subject heading, and that your CV is tailored to the job description including the essential criteria.
Greenwich Mencap are looking to appoint a Chief Executive to manage and lead the charity. The postholder will ensure financial sustainability and implement business and operational plans in line with the organisation's policies and procedures.
- Must have previous experience as a CEO
- Requires enhanced DBS disclosure
- Greenwich Mencap requires proof of qualifications.
The role is 35 hours per week, salary £40,000–41,500 pa.
To apply, send your CV by 12noon on Tuesday 2 January 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy pre-school practitioner
A deputy pre-school practitioner is required, to start in early 2014.
Applicants must have:
- A Level 3 Cache Diploma in Pre-school Practice
- An NVQ 3 in childcare or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience
- A working knowledge of EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)
- Experience of implementing a planned curriculum
- The ability to lift equipment for setting up and clearing away.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check will be required.
- Salary: £8,064 per annum, inclusive of holiday entitlement.
- Hours: 8.45am to 12.45pm, Monday to Friday plus one additional afternoon for planning, 38 weeks per year, term time only.
- Closing date: 7 January 2014
If you are interested please email your CV to email@example.com
Part-time assistant martial arts instructor
A part-time assistant martial arts instructor is needed to join a team of instructors at Pyramid Martial Arts.
- Martial arts experience is essential
- you will preferably be a black belt in either freestyle kickboxing, sports karate or taekwondo. Applicants who are on a lower grading will be considered if they have the right mentality
- you must enjoy working with children and have a fun and outgoing personality, but be stern when required
- the successful applicant will also need to be patient and understanding of children's individual needs
- a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service, formerly CRB) check will be required.
The successful candidate will be provided with full training and a uniform.
When attending interview please bring along any records of achievement.
Salary and hours will be discussed at interview.
Please send CVs to Johanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
360 degree telescopic forklift driver
- Rate: £11 per hour.
- Job type: Fixed-term contract, full time - to start as soon as possible.
- Working hours: 50 per week, 7.30am to 6pm.
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford.
A 360 degree telescopic forklift driver is required to excavate and load spoil off site and move materials on site.
You must have a CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) blue card.
The vacancy is ongoing, and will be on a PAYE (pay as you earn) basis.
To apply for this job with a local employer, send your CV to email@example.com.