Current GLLaB job opportunities
Vacancies via Greenwich Local Labour and Business
GLLaB works with employers to promote job vacancies for local people. Listed below are current vacancies with local businesses. There are also graduate job opportunities listed on the next page.
Please note these are not advertisements for jobs at the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
For job vacancies with the Royal Borough of Greenwich and in schools, please visit the council and teaching jobs section.
Education and Welfare Assistant
- Salary:£20k 0.8 FTE
- Location: Sparrows Lane Training Ground
Charlton Athletic Football Club are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic education and welfare professional to support their Head of Education & Welfare, working with the club’s youth academy players, aged 9 to 16 years.
- Relationship management between players’ schools and the club, including headteachers, staff members and parents
- Monitoring & support of players’ academic progress
- Manage & supervise players during their learning sessions at CAFC’s Training Ground Learning Zone (4 afternoons per week)
- Supporting the production of 6 weekly player progress reports
- The successful candidate will also manage welfare support responsibilities relating to:
- Safeguarding Policies (anti-bullying, social media, etc)
- Management of the Academy’s DBS database
- Academy welfare issues
- Visits to at-risk young players, and liaison with external agencies where required
Essential skills and experience
- Be educated to degree level
- Have a teaching qualification
- Have up-to-date knowledge of Safeguarding policies and practice, and recent DBS changes
- Have experience of teaching at secondary level
- Have an understanding of the ‘elite player performance plan’ environment
- Have knowledge and experience of dealing with external/internal agencies, regarding the welfare of young people
- Be an excellent communicator with a high level of IT skills (Microsoft office packages)
- Work well as part of a team, and have an interest in sport and football.
Deadline for application is Thursday 2 October 2014 at 12noon.
- Salary: £8.80 per hour (London Living Wage)
- Location: Epping Forest
- Start date: Immediate start
The successful candidate will carry out park maintenance duties, including litter picking. To apply you must have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A full UK driving licence
Send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pages in Current GLLaB job opportunities
- You are here: Vacancies via Greenwich Local Labour and Business
- Graduate job opportunities