Current GLLaB job opportunities
Vacancies via Greenwich Local Labour and Business
GLLaB works with employers to promote job vacancies for local people. Listed below are any current vacancies with local businesses. There are also graduate job opportunities listed on the next page. If there are no vacancies, there will be more added soon.
Please note these are not advertisements for jobs at the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
For job vacancies with the Royal Borough of Greenwich and in schools, please visit the council and teaching jobs section.
Sheet Metal Worker/Welder
Salary: £9.15 per hour
Hours: 7.30am to 4pm Mondays to Thursdays, 7.30am to 3pm Fridays (must be flexible to work overtime at end of day and Saturday mornings to meet business demands)
Closing date: 1pm on Friday 16 October
This role is in a manufacturing engineering setting and the successful applicant will be part of the team assembling steam sterilisers autoclaves, manufactured to sell to laboratories worldwide.
Applicants must have previous sheet metal/welding experience, be physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
- mechanical assembly
- fitting panels and components to larger autoclaves and Copper and Stainless Steel (welding) pipework.
If you are interested and have the relevant experience, please send your CV to Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org stating 'Sheet Metal Worker' in the subject line of the email.
Administrator/Receptionist 'relief bank' role
A Care Home for the Elderly in Blackheath is looking for a personable administrator/receptionist to join their ‘relief bank’ staff.
Salary: £10.89 per hour
Hours: Casual, variety of shifts and hours available, Monday to Friday
Location: Blackheath and Beckenham
Duties will include:
- organising meeting room bookings
- maintaining stationery supplies
- ensure office and reception areas are presentable
- deal with post and deliveries promptly.
You should have:
- experience of working in a busy office
- proven ability to meet deadlines
- excellent writing and IT skills, including data input
- high level of customer care skills.
Experience of using the specialist GP system EMIS Web would be an advantage.
For more information send your CV to email@example.com
Part Time Office Manager
The company is looking for an experienced, committed self-starter to manage the office and serve the growing and diverse membership. Based near Woolwich this organisation is an essential part of the business support eco-system for Greenwich, Lewisham, Bromley and Bexley and you will be expected to run the day-to-day operation of a busy office.
Hours: 25 hours per week Monday to Friday (applicants must be flexible and available to work outside of normal office hours including evenings and weekends)
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Critical to the role is the ability to deal effectively with a variety of groups and individuals. Therefore good written and verbal communication skills are essential. Good time management is a prerequisite as is the ability to set and prioritise your own tasks. The role will include a responsibility for event co-ordination and campaign management.
The ability to drive and be prepared to work occasional unsocial hours would be required.
- caretaking and updating membership details including new and cancelled member information
- computerised accounts using QuickBooks - reconciliations including VAT and tax returns, end of year accounts, petty cash, banking, invoice preparation, purchase ledger and credit control
- contributing to the management of discrete board development projects
- servicing of board meetings
- preparing monthly management figures for board meeting including details of event costing's
- membership retention
- events - administration and event attendance
- managing the advertising sales, newsletter and website
- managing daily/weekly information updates on the website including events listings - ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- ordering stationery and office supplies
- all associated office duties such as filing, handling and dissemination of post, typing
- management of the companies data and its security
- managing interns and volunteers
- any other reasonable task requested by the chief executive or board of directors.
Knowledge and skills required:
- use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- working knowledge of bookkeeping and office finance
- management skills and experience
- office equipment operation - telephone, photocopier, printers
- good understanding and working knowledge of computer system and website enabling small adaptations without referral to website contractor (training given)
- basic marketing and PR skills, with a good working knowledge of social media experience of email marketing software, for example, Mailchimp is desirable
- minute taking and report writing
- computerised accounts to trial balance
- good questioning and listening skills
- ability to work alone or in a team
- helpful positive attitude
- excellent telephone manner
- full UK driving licence and own car.
Applicants that are interested should send their CV and a personal statement of no more than 750 words stating why you think you would be suitable for the job to Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org putting 'Office Manager' in the subject line of the email.
Closing date for CVs and personal statements is 5pm Friday 23 October 2015.
Location: North Greenwich
Hours: 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £9.15 per hour
Contract: 6 months paid work placement
Closing date: Monday 5 October 2015
This role is within the online and e-commerce part of the business and focusses primarily on capturing data and content that allows us to promote our destination better. This data is used to power a number of marketing channels including the online events calendar, website, social media, e-shots and at our Tourist Information Centre. It is also used to help promote our website and increase its performance.
- to assist with the research of members/tourism business products and services
- to help ensure the destination website is accurate and up to date
- to assist, where necessary, the liaison with external service providers e.g. design/web development agencies and data providers
- support IT implementation - maintain and update, refresh all data, links and images on consumer sites
- provide support to other projects and team members when deemed appropriate
- attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills and independently develop skills as applicable.
- to attend client meetings as and when required
- adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment
- any other ad hoc duties that are felt reasonable to fulfil the job description.
- must be currently unemployed and live within the Royal Borough of Greenwich
- proven multimedia skills, with the experience of using social media i.e. Twitter and Facebook etc., and ability to attach videos, pictures and text to keep website updated
- excellent I.T skills including Microsoft packages, Excel, Word, etc.
- outstanding communication skills, ability to liaise with external partners/organisations and also customers via email, telephone and via emails (Outlook)
- excellent organisational skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work on own initiative
- capable of working to tight deadlines and staying calm under pressure
- flexible with working hours applicants should be available to attend occasional events as and when required.
Applicants that are interested should send their CV to Alison.email@example.com stating 'E Commerce Assistant' in the subject line of the email.
All applications will be contacted either via email or telephone after 28 September 2015. Candidates that match the essential criteria will be invited to attend a screening session at GLLaB during the week commencing 5 October 2015.
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Hours: Shift patterns - work on a four-on four-off 12 hour shift pattern, split either AM or PM.
Location: North Greenwich
- Relevant experience of working on large diesel engines such as boats or lorries
- relevant experience of working in high pressure environments whilst maintaining high levels of safety and maintenance practices (returning boats to service quickly and reliably)
- effective communicator and report writer
- able to work varying shift patterns
- positive with a 'can do' attitude.
- Working experience in the public transport sector.
- oversee the day to day maintenance and servicing of all vessels
- service and maintain all mechanical systems on board vessels
- ensure all faults and works/repairs are logged and reported as appropriate
- adhere to all health and safety regulations.
- Ensure that all vessels are kept in service wherever possible, adhering strictly to all company and statutory legislation
- work towards the highest maintenance standards by ensuring effective and efficient maintenance is carried out at all times in line with relevant procedures
- undertake all planned maintenance and mechanical repairs to the vessels whilst they are being serviced as instructed by the Duty Marine Engineer or Head of Engineering
- work with the Electrical Engineers to undertake any cabin repairs where time allows
- work as part of a full engineering team, ensuring that all work carried out has the appropriate paperwork completed and is reported to the Duty Engineer available or during shift changeover
- ensure that all relevant information is communicated effectively to ensure the information is received and easily understood
- maintain a safe and tidy working environment for the individual and the wider team
- ensure that all equipment used is clean and serviceable when returned to the correct location at the end of each shift.
Closing date: 30 September 2015
If you wish to apply send your CV to Tristan.Cropley@royalgreenwich.gov.uk. Please state which vacancy and reference number you are applying for in the email subject box. Please be aware that if the CV doesn't match the essential criteria you will not be contacted.
Salary: Approx. £21k per annum
Hours: 40 per week
A busy café in Woolwich town centre is looking for an ambitious pastry chef to join their small but friendly team of staff. The successful candidate will help the café to extend its range of desserts and cakes.
To apply you must have:
- a positive 'can do' attitude
- great attention to detail
- the ability to work at speed.
Does this sound like you? If so, send your CV to terry firstname.lastname@example.org
A new luxury hotel will be opening near The O2 later this year. They are looking for dynamic people to fill the following roles.
At this stage of the recruitment process, Arora will only consider applications from candidates with previous experience of working in a luxury Hotel environment (4 or 5 star), and preferably in the same, or a very similar, job role.
If you wish to apply, send your CV to email@example.com and state which post you wish to apply for in the subject field of the email.
Care home vacancies
The vacancies below are with a group of local care homes for the elderly, in and around the borough of Greenwich. If successful, candidates will be added to a reserve list, and called upon as needed. Therefore all the vacancies are casual hours, and are ongoing vacancies, with no closing date.
To apply for any of these vacancies, email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
- Casual hours
- Variety of shifts and hours available, Monday to Sunday
- Salary: £9.61 per hour
- Location: Blackheath, London and Beckenham, Kent
Recruiting for catering professionals to help out on a casual basis in a local care home's catering facilities, including in the main catering kitchen, a café and catering services.
You will be involved in supporting the day-to-day catering operations as cover for the existing teams, in tasks such as food preparation, cleaning, serving customers and operating kitchen equipment.
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience of working in a busy catering environment and have excellent customer-service skills with a person-centred approach.
You will also need to be quality driven, with a passion for food and committed to improving the nutrition of older people. You will also need to work flexibly with variable working hours available each week.
Bank registered nurse
- Salary: £15.89 per hour
- Location: Blackheath
A local care home is looking for people to work as a bank registered nurse on a casual basis.
To join the relief bank you must:
- have some practical healthcare experience
- have the ability to deliver planned care
- be able to work well in a team
- have an
up-to-date Nursing and Midwifery Council PIN.
To join the relief bank you'll ideally have experience of:
- working with older people or other vulnerable people (on a paid or voluntary basis)
- have a person-centred approach
- be able to work as a member of a team to support residents.
- be friendly with a cheerful, sunny nature
- have a flexible approach and show imagination
- have enthusiasm
- show commitment
- be approachable and caring
- have good communication skills
- have the ability to work on your own initiative.
Pages in Current GLLaB job opportunities
- You are here: Vacancies via Greenwich Local Labour and Business
- Graduate job opportunities