Current GLLaB job opportunities
Vacancies via Greenwich Local Labour and Business
GLLaB works with employers to promote job vacancies for local people. Listed below are any current vacancies with local businesses. Graduate job opportunities are listed on the next page. If there are no vacancies, there will be more added soon.
Please note these are not advertisements for jobs at the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
You may find GLLaB's CV writing guide useful when applying for jobs.
A local organisation is seeking a PA to the Managing Director (MD).
- Salary: Up to £24,570 per year pro rata (depending on experience)
- Hours: 21 hours per week, over three full days 9am to 5pm
- Location: Greenwich
- Closing date: 5pm Friday 30 September 2016
- Manage MD's meeting and appointments
- Take minutes
- Create letters and responses and proofread script created by the MD
- Maintain contact lists
- Admin duties including filing and typing
- Database maintenance and management such as client database
- Contribute to marketing including Twitter and Facebook
- Collate MD expenses for monthly submission
You must have:
- excellent communication skills including a good telephone manner
- excellent attention to detail
- solid IT skills, including Power Point, Excel, and MS Word
- excellent organisational skills and experience of organising events
- good note-taking skills
- experience or understanding of welcoming and hosting visitors
- experience of database filing
- ability to work within time frames
- working knowledge of Data Protection Act 1998
- ability to plan and organise workload
- commitment to equality and diversity
- experience or understanding of diary/schedule management
- experience or understanding of working within a team and experience or ability to work on own initiative
- flexible availability for overtime and/or working late.
The following qualities are desirable:
- ILM Qualification, Pitmans Qualification or Business Administration Qualification
- 50 words per minute typing speed
- good sense of humour
- likes dogs (as there are two in the office).
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating 'Personal Assistant' in the subject line. You will only receive a response if your CV demonstrates that you have all the skills and experience required in the personal specification.
Trainee Water Treatment Engineer/Labourer
- Salary: Competitive salary plus travel expenses
- Hours: Monday to Friday full time 40 hours per week
- Closing date: This vacancy will close as soon as the right candidate is found.
Water treatment workers operate the systems in a waste water plant that clean up water and dispose of sewage, chemicals and other liquid waste. As a technician or operative in a water or sewage treatment plant, you would treat and clean the drinking water that is piped to homes and businesses, process wastewater and dispose of sewage. This will involve:
- flushing of heating and chilled water systems
- sterilisation of domestic water system
- adding chemicals and microbes to treat the water
- monitoring water and gas levels
- taking readings and keep accurate records
- checking equipment
- following strict safety procedures at all times
- all work will be monitored by the lead engineer.
- Must have a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card (not certificate).
- Must be willing to undertake and pass a drug and alcohol test.
- Must be over 18 years old.
- Good practical skills.
- Good physical fitness.
- Good observational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
- The ability to cope with unpleasant smells and substances.
- The ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Awareness to health and safety.
How to apply
Email your CV to email@example.com stating reference number 6579 and the vacancy title in the subject line. You will only receive a response if your CV matches the essential criteria.
Work in childcare
Interested in working in childcare for the Royal Borough of Greenwich? We have a number of opportunities available in local nurseries.
If you have Level 2 or 3 qualifications in childcare, apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the reference Childcare in the subject title.
For more information, contact GLLaB on 020 8921 2440.
Pages in Current GLLaB job opportunities
- You are here: Vacancies via Greenwich Local Labour and Business
- Graduate job opportunities