Current GLLaB job opportunities
Vacancies via Greenwich Local Labour and Business
GLLaB works with employers to promote job vacancies for local people. Listed below are any current vacancies with local businesses. Graduate job opportunities are listed on the next page. If there are no vacancies, there will be more added soon.
Please note these are not advertisements for jobs at the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
You may find GLLaB's CV writing guide useful when applying for jobs.
Trainee Water Treatment Engineer
- Salary: Competitive salary plus travel expenses
- Hours: Monday to Friday, full time, 40 hours per week
- Location: London
- Closing date: As soon as the right candidate is found
Water treatment workers operate generally on building sites, even though this business is classified as a post-construction industry. As a technician or operative you will be taught the following, but not excluded to the disciplines as outlined below:
- flushing of heating and chilled water systems
- sterilisation of domestic water system
- add chemicals and bio-cides to treat the water
- monitor water treatment levels
- take readings and keep accurate records
- check equipment
- follow strict safety procedures at all times
All work will be monitored by the lead engineer.
- CSCS Card (not certificate)
- Willing to undertake and pass a drug and alcohol test
- Aged over 18 years old
- Good practical skills and physical fitness
- Good observational skills and attention to detail
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to cope with unpleasant smells and substances
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Awareness of health and safety
- Driving licence
- Some plumbing experience or qualification
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put Trainee Water Treatment Engineer and Ref: 6633 in the subject of the email.
Salary: To be confirmed
Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm or 10am to 7pm)
Overall role purpose
A new opportunity for an experienced Financial/Administrative Assistant to work for a small, creative company dedicated to creating innovative camera support systems for the film and TV industries, involved in high profile projects like Gravity, Red Bull Air Race and BBC elections among others.
- Assist the Financial Director with invoices, payments, filing, organisation, record keeping, processing invoices and general duties
- Assist the Office Manager and other fellow staff with administrative duties such as filing, record keeping, photocopying and researching
- Support with general housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Answer phones and greet customers and clients in a well-mannered approach
- Work within a team to provide an organised and communicative Administration department
- Maintain a clean and organised work area.
- Previous experience in finance and office administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Able to work independently and confidently on your own
- Able to work and cope in a diverse and rapidly changing workflow
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be patient, flexible, willing to learn, and have the ability to work as part of a team.
Closing date: 5pm, Tuesday 7 March 2017.
To apply please email your CV, and a covering letter to explain why you are the best person for this role, to email@example.com and ensure you have Finance Assistant in the subject line of the email. Please note CV's cannot be accepted without a covering letter.
Pages in Current GLLaB job opportunities
- You are here: Vacancies via Greenwich Local Labour and Business
- Graduate job opportunities