Apprenticeships, work experience and voluntary work
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer and gain a real qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience. The following apprenticeship opportunities are currently available in Royal Greenwich.
Please note that, unless stated otherwise, these are not advertisements for apprenticeships with the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
Apprenticeships with the Royal Borough of Greenwich
We have 13 apprenticeships available:
- ten business admin apprenticeships
- an employment support apprentice, working in a team that supports young people into training and employment
- two health and social care apprentices.
These apprenticeships will be based with the Royal Borough of Greenwich council sites, under the employment and support of the London Apprenticeship Company. The apprenticeships are open to Greenwich borough residents.
- a nationally recognised NVQ level 2 or 3 qualification in a related training framework (you'll have study release for this)
- a fortnightly paid training allowance
- full time roles (35 hours per week, including training)
How to apply
GLLaB are a running a recruitment event on Wednesday 12 April by appointment only at the Old Library, Calderwood Street, Woolwich SE18 6QW.
You'll be given a basic numeracy and literacy assessment, find out more about the opportunities available and have a one-to-one interview.
To apply, contact us on 020 8921 3153 or 020 8921 5295, and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We positively welcome applications from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in all areas of the Council. If you have a disability and would like support or adjustments to the application process please mention this when you first contact us.
Labour in Construction apprenticeship scheme
If you're considering a career in construction, the Labour in Construction apprenticeship scheme may be right for you.
Apprenticeships available include:
- painting and decorating
- multi trade
- ground works
- and other apprenticeships that may include civil engineering.
This scheme involves a seven week boot camp, which includes:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) training
- City and Guides Level 1 multi skills in construction qualification
- one week site experience with a contractor
- a one week construction project
After completion of the boot camp, you will be interviewed by a contractors or developer working with the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
The Greenwich Apprenticeship Scheme has been developed by Greenwich Local Labour and Business (GLLaB) to offer career opportunities in construction to local residents, and to increase the number of skilled workers living in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
To find out more, please call 020 8921 2442 or email email@example.com
A range of apprenticeships with BT
GLLaB are working with BT to promote their excellent range of apprenticeships.
You will earn a salary and work alongside and learn on the job from experienced colleagues to gain job-specific skills. In addition, you will attend college to work towards a nationally recognised professional qualification in your chosen career path.
If you want to find out more information, or apply for these vacancies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8921 3153.
All applications will be online, should you need support with this GLLaB will be able to help you.
Pages in Apprenticeships, work experience and voluntary work
- You are here: Apprenticeship opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities