Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
Blue Badge scheme
The Blue Badge is a government scheme set up to enable people who have difficulty walking to park close to their destination. Read more about where you can park with a Blue Badge.
You must use your Blue Badge according to the terms and conditions. You could lose your badge or face a fine if you misuse your Blue Badge or allow others to misuse it.
Who can get a Blue Badge
You'll automatically get a Blue Badge if you:
- receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- receive the Personal Independence Payment with a score of eight or more points in the 'moving around' component
- are severely sight impaired (blind)
- receive the War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- receive a benefit under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces Compensation Scheme.
You may be able to get a Blue Badge if you:
- have a permanent disability that means you can't walk or have difficulty walking
- are receiving palliative care
- have a severe disability in both arms so you're unable to use (or would have difficulty in using) parking meters
- have a child under three who has a serious medical condition.
In this case, the council may ask you to attend a mobility assessment at the Woolwich Centre.
An organisation can apply for a Blue Badge if it is used daily to transport large groups of disabled people who would qualify for a Blue Badge in their own right.
Get a Blue Badge
You can only apply for a Blue Badge online.
To complete your application, you'll need to upload:
- a passport standard photograph of yourself
- various supporting documents as proof of identity, address and disability.
You'll also need to provide your:
- National Insurance number
- child benefit number - if you're applying on behalf of a child
- driving licence number - if you're the driver
- vehicle registration number - if you use regular vehicles.
It takes between six and 10 weeks to get your badge depending on if you need to attend a mobility assessment or not.
The Blue Badge costs £10. Payment is made at the time of application.
Once you've got your Blue Badge
You must notify the mobility team of any changes in your personal details, especially if you change your address - call 020 8921 2388 or email email@example.com.
Renew a Blue Badge
Your Blue Badge is valid for three years or until your Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment expires. You'll be notified in writing when you need to renew your badge by Northgate, the firm contracted by the Department for Transport to manage Blue Badges.
Please note - you won't automatically be able to renew your Blue Badge if:
- you no longer receive Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment
- the expiry date of your benefit is six months or less.
In this case, you'll be asked to attend a mobility assessment at the Woolwich Centre.
The renewal fee for a Blue Badge is £10.
Once you get your new badge, you must return your old Blue Badge.
Pages in Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
- You are here: Blue Badge scheme
- Supporting documents for the Blue Badge