Public local area meetings
Better Together meetings
As a resident, you can go to the council's regular meetings across the borough to:
- make suggestions to improve your area
- see what we've done to deal with the issues you have already raised
- continue to work with us to find solutions
- raise issues that affect you directly at our service surgeries.
We want to better understand priorities and issues as they affect different areas so that we can identify how best to make a difference to your area in the future.
Local councillors and cabinet members will attend each session along with council staff.
Each area has an informal drop-in surgery before and after the more formal full meeting.
To attend a meeting, you need to register first.
|Area||Venue||Date and time|
|Charlton and Woolwich||The Gallery
The Woolwich Centre
Wellington Street SE18 6HQ
|This meeting was held on Tuesday 24 January 2017|
|Blackheath and Greenwich||The Greenwich Centre
12 Lombarde Square
Greenwich SE10 9HB
|This meeting was held on Tuesday 7 February 2017|
|Eltham and Shooters Hill||The Eltham Centre
Eltham SE9 1HA
|This meeting was held on Thursday 9 February 2017|
|Abbey Wood, Plumstead and Thamesmead||St Paul's Church
Thamesmead SE28 8AS
|Tuesday 28 February 2017
Full meeting: 7pm to 8.15pm
Surgeries: 6.30pm to 7pm and 8.15pm to 8.45pm
There are sessions in four areas which cover all wards in the borough. You can go to any meeting but we encourage you to attend the one for the ward where you live.
The four areas are:
- Charlton and Woolwich - covering Woolwich Riverside, Woolwich Common, Charlton and Kidbrooke with Hornfair wards
- Blackheath and Greenwich - covering Greenwich West, Blackheath Westcombe, Peninsula wards
- Eltham and Shooters Hill - covering Eltham West, North and South, New Eltham, Middle Park and Sutcliffe, Shooters Hill wards
- Abbey Wood, Plumstead and Thamesmead - covering Glyndon, Thamesmead Moorings, Plumstead and Abbey Wood wards