Financial help for carers

Extra money for carers on a low income

If you are on a low income, you may be able to claim a range of benefits depending on your circumstances. These include:

  • Pension Credit
  • tax credits - Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit
  • Income Support - you may be able to get this extra help if you are a carer
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance - if you cannot get Income Support, you may be able to claim income-based Jobseeker's Allowance. There are special rules for carers about work-seeking. Contact the Welfare Rights Service for more advice
  • Employment and Support Allowance - if your ability to work is limited because you have an illness or disability.

Some benefits have special rules for carers, so do contact Welfare Rights for advice using the details shown.

Contact Welfare Rights

Welfare Rights enquiry form

Public Advice Line: 020 8921 6375

Textphone number: 18001 020 8921 6375

Fax: 020 8921 2016

Welfare Rights Service,
The Woolwich Centre,
35 Wellington Street,
London SE18 6HQ